Happy Holidays from Java

Happy Holidays from Java

We recently  spent two days climbing the third highest mountain in Central Java, Mount Lawu.  It was an incredible experience on many levels.  The journey took us 11 kilometers up the mountain and despite the pouring rain as we hiked up, we were given the beautiful and wonderful gift of a perfect sunset and then a perfect sunrise.  Here are a few of the pictures from this experience.  Expect to hear more about it in the days to come.

We wish you a wonderful holiday season full of laughter, love and fabulous memories.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours.

Thank you for all of your support, love and encouragement!

18 Comments

1. Marydee Sklar December 25, 2012 at 10:56 am - Reply

Merry Christmas to you all! Safe journeys!
    and hugs to all, Marydee

2. colleen December 25, 2012 at 12:00 pm - Reply

What beautiful family pics. And amazing nature shots! How blessed you must all feel on this special day! Merry Christmas!

• Jody Temple White December 25, 2012 at 3:44 pm - Reply

Hi Colleen. I was thinking about you on the hike. Thanks to you and your amazing training, I didn’t die. I felt like I was going to a few times, but my muscles performed beautifully. I kept saying to everyone, “Colleen would be so proud of me right now!” Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thanks for everything.

3. Adhitya Farhan December 25, 2012 at 4:45 pm - Reply

merry christmas 🙂
    that was an incredible experience and awesome pict that i.have never seen before to celebrate christmas eve 🙂

always up to date this blog for curious courage from your family .

be well 🙂

Adhitya Farhan

• Jody Temple White December 25, 2012 at 4:50 pm - Reply

Thank Adhitya. You have made our holidays memorable as well.

• Adhitya Farhan December 25, 2012 at 5:04 pm - Reply

yourwelcome 🙂
        we will miss you in here 🙂

can wait another post from you

4. Merril Spielman December 25, 2012 at 6:46 pm - Reply

Merry ˜”*°•. ˜”*°•. ❄ ♫ ✭ ♪ ✡ ♫ ❄ .•°*”˜ .•°*”˜Christmas to you…thank you so much for sharing your adventure of a life time!!! I vacariously love it!! I took a trip with Jan and Riley!!! I so have the thirst for this type of adventure! Safe travels and blessings to you!

• Jody Temple White December 25, 2012 at 7:40 pm - Reply

Thanks Merril. Glad you are enjoying the posts. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Best wishes.

5. Dora December 25, 2012 at 10:15 pm - Reply

You guys rock! I’m doing 2 miles tomorrow in Griffith Park…I’ll think of you.

• Jody Temple White December 25, 2012 at 11:25 pm - Reply

Thanks Dora. Have fun. What would have made our hike perfect was having you and Margie there waiting with some of your delicious food, but I guess it will have to wait until we see you in San Diego in July. Happy Holidays.

6. Russ Mobley December 26, 2012 at 9:06 am - Reply

Merry Christmas to all of you! I am filled with joy as I try to imagine what you all are experiencing together! Thanks for the ongoing updates! Love to you all!

• Jody Temple White December 28, 2012 at 10:00 pm - Reply

Thanks Russ. You would have loved the hike. It may have even worn you out, but somehow I doubt it! Happy holidays from all of us.

7. Diane December 26, 2012 at 9:37 am - Reply

We are thinking about you guys. We are so glad you are having an amazing time! Merry Christmas!
    Diane

8. Claudia Maddux December 28, 2012 at 8:56 am - Reply

Its so great to be able to follow you around the world!! Keep the pix coming….they’re worth more than 1000 words. I was in Jakarta for 4 days last month myself…. couldn’t go to Bali without Bob….too romantic….lol… much love coming your way this Christmas!! Have a wonderful time and enjoy the richness of the cultures around the world! Its truly addicting!! I’m smitten……

9. Claudia Maddux December 28, 2012 at 9:02 am - Reply

so good to read about all your adventures….keep the pictures coming….they speak more than 1000 words!! I spent 4 days in Jakarta last month…but never made it to Bali….(saving that for when I can go with Bob…lol) Merry Christmas and enjoy the beautiful cultures and sights of our amazing world!! much love to you all!! Bob & Claudia

• Jody Temple White December 28, 2012 at 10:03 pm - Reply

Thanks Claudia. Bali is wonderful and we are seeing lots of different areas which is fun. The people are amazing and very friendly. It is a great experience. Happy New Year.